Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Calling All Sistahs October Reminder

**This is one of 2 posts I have today.  If you are looking for the Joy Clair Be A Flamingo and Out of this World post please go here.**




Hello Bosom Buddies!!


It is the 17th of the month and that means that I am here with the CAS-ual Fridays Encouragement Squad to remind you to do your monthly self breast exam and schedule your mammogram if you haven't had one yet this year!!  Please stop by the Calling All Sistahs October Reminder post to see what the Encouragement Squad have made this month!!



Be sure to check out all the Calling All Sistahs collection of stamps and dies designed shortly after Michele, the owner of CAS-ual Fridays, was diagnosed  with Breast Cancer in 2015.  She designed them with the purpose of donating 50% profits to breast cancer awareness programs and to provide you with awesome stamps to remind and encourage your friends!


Here is my card:



Ingredients:

White card stock
Pink patterned paper
Watercolor paper
Black paper
Black ink
Copic Markers 

For this A2 card I started with White card stock for the base of the card.  I took some pink patterned paper, inked the edges with black ink and attached that to the card base.  I took the CAS-ual Fridays Mon Ami stamp set, some watercolor paper and some black ink and stamped the flower onto the paper.  I colored the flower with Copic markes and then mounted the flower onto some black paper and then I added that to the card.  I took the sentiment from the CAS-ual Fridays Calling All Sistahs stamp set, some black ink and some white paper and stamped the sentiment and then I mounted that onto to some black paper and added that to the card.  I took some more black ink and stamped the leaf shape underneath the flower.  I have been wanting to get the Mon Ami stamp set for sometime now and I am so glad I finally purchased it, it is so very pretty!!

Be sure to stop by the CAS-ual Friday Blog to see what the other Girl Friday's from the Encouragement Squad have created for our October Sistahs Reminder!


Then why not stop by the CAS-ual Fridays store to see all the wonderful stamp sets there are to make cards of encouragement with!!  If you decide that there are one or two stamp sets that you just have to have then use this code encourage17 to get 15% off stamps and dies!!  Thank you Michele, for letting me pass this on to my followers.


Tomorrow will be the start of a new Encouragement Challenge and we would love to have you participate!  You might even be the winner of the prize!!


I am entering this card in the following Challenges:


DL.ART 5th ANNUAL LINKY PINKY PARTY

and 


Thanks for stopping by!

Lori

6 comments:

  1. This is awesome Lori!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘PINK’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori this is a gorgeous card with such an important message. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, Lori!! I love the image!! Gorgeous, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Lori! LOVE LOVE LOVE this floral image, and the pink tones you've used! How unique to have the sentiment included in the stem, and to place the other sentiment off to the side like that. Wonderful creation! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card, Lori! I love the sentiment used as a stem. Thank you for sharing this important reminder each month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marvelous BCA card, Lori, and heartfelt appreciation from a 19 year survivor. :-D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for taking the time to write one! I appreciate the feedback!